Monday, May 19, 2008

Joshua Lederberg Papers on the Web (well, most of them)

As a follow up to my previous post about a symposium in honor of Josh Lederberg that is coming up in Washington on Tuesday. There is a nice collection of his "papers" on the web - Profiles in Science: The Joshua Lederberg Papers

By papers they mean everything - letters, notes, drafts, communications, etc.  It is quite comprehensive and quite interesting including many discussions with other leading researchers key moments in the history of 20th century biological sciences research.  It is worth checking out.  I note - despite the availability of this great collection, one part of this life as a scientists is not completely freely available - his publications.  Not all are at this site and many are hidden behind the walls of various journals.  What a shame.  Just about every one of his papers is worth reading.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if in the future we'll have archives of the e-mails of famous scientists...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These databases are a great resource for us writers. I used the Lederberg archive while working on my book Microcosm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait for the next post Carl ...

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...