Saturday, February 07, 2009

Open Evolution: Kudos to SMBE for creating a new Open Access publication - Genome Biology and Evolution

Another sign that Open Access is spreading.  SMBE, which publishes the journal MBE (Molecular Biology and Evolution) is announcing the creation of a new journal - Genome Biology and Evolution (GBE).  And happily it will be an Open Access journal being published by Oxford under the Oxford Open system (not quite a full creative commons license like PLoS journals, but pretty good).  I am VERY pleased to see this, especially since I quit the Editorial Board at MBE mostly because they were not moving fast enough to Open Access for me.  Kudos to SMBE, Bill Martin (the new Editor in Chief of GBE) and all the folks at Oxford for doing a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...