Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sampling the Wild Microbial Life of My Home

Just finally got around to doing the sampling of my house for the Wild Life of Our Homes microbial sampling project.

I signed up online, got a kit, got a registration code, and did the sampling today.  I swabbed the exterior door frame, an interior door frame, the kitchen counter and my pillow case.  Plus as a bonus, my 7 year old daughter helped - learning a bit about microbial sampling and also taking pictures of me at work (and a few of herself).




So many cool Citizen Microbiology projects going on now. Some information about them is here but I need to update the links there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...